- NHL Rumors: Kessel, Thornton, Sharp
- Nazem Kadri suspended 4 games
- Will Nazem Kadri demand a trade?
- NHL Rumors: Stamkos, Columbus, Ottawa
- NHL Rumors: Leafs, Stars, Bruins
- NHL Rumors: Leafs, Stars, Flames
- NHL Rumors: Zuccarello, Bozak, Blues
- NHL Rumors: Lupul, Petry, Vermette
- NHL Rumors: Leafs, Bruins, Capitals
- NHL Rumors: Wisniewski, Glencross, Lupul
NHL Realignment for 2013/ 2014 season
- Updated: April 13, 2013
The 2013 / 2014 NHL realignment plan is now completed.
What is new:
- Detroit and Columbus head east. Winnipegs heads west.
- Top three teams with best record in each division gets playoff berths. Next two teams with best record in each division get wildcard playoff berths.
Why it was done:
The NHL went to a realigned format for geographic purposes and has decided to stick with geographic names for the four new divisions. Three of the four names are carryovers from the old six-division alignment, but the League added a new name to the mix.
|Atlantic Division||Metropolitan Division||Central Division||Pacific Division|
|Florida||New York Rangers||Minnesota||Los Angeles|
|Montreal||New York Islanders||Nashville||Phoenix|
|Ottawa||Philadelphia||St. Louis||San Jose|